March 26, 2011

Loving Christ Without Limits

"As my relationship with God has deepened and grown more intimate over the past two decades since the accident.  I've come to realize I'll never be satisfied with the kind of Christianity that far too many people settle for.  I don't want to be a half-baked, half-hearted  follower who submits to the Lord only when it's easy or when there's something in it for me.  I want to love Jesus without limits.  I want to be a woman who sees herself as the beloved bride of Christ, His chosen helpmate who joyfully pursues His presence and seeks to carry out His will with dogged determination, regardless of what it may cost me personally.  I don't want to stop short of any goal God may have for me.  When my body is buried in the ground, I want all the angels to say, "She shouldered her burdens with great strength, maximized her opportunites to bring glory to God and squeezed every blessing out of life that her Creator intended her to have."  ~Shannon Ethridge from "Completely His" pg 9

No comments: