January 23, 2012

He has Leaned

"I waited patiently for the Lord; He inclined to me and heard my cry." Psalm 40:1

Inclined-having a physical tendency; leaning. dictionary.com

What an encouragement this verse is to me. The Lord has leaned towards me making Him closer to me. He's near to me for He has placed Himself closer to me, but why? Why should He incline Himself to me, why should He tilt His head so that His ear is closer to me than before? So that He can hear what I have to say!
He has not been forced to hear me. God was not sitting on His throne and, because I was near to Him, He happened to hear what I had to say. Nay, but He has positioned Himself so that He may hear me. He loves and is concerned with what I have to say. He delights in hearing my voice therefore, He has positioned Himself to be nearer to me; as a parent bends over closer to a child's mouth to better hear what the his beloved child should want to say.

Oh, joy above all joys, My God, My Savior, My Friend, longs to be nearer to me and to speak with me. Oh, That I might not take this precious treasure for granted, but that I might cherish and come before the One who is so willing to hear my cries.

No comments: