July 14, 2013

"Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest" Jn 4:35

There was great rejoicing among the Saints today as we celebrated the new birth of four friends. 
Each person has a unique story and each is very different from the other but one common thing is found to be true among them all, their refrain will no longer be "my glory and honor" but will forevermore be, "All glory and praise to the One whom my soul loves best, Jesus!"  







Today Thy mercy calls me,
To wash away my sin;
However great my trespass, 
Whatever I may have been,
However long from mercy 
I may have turned away
Thy blood, O Christ, can cleanse me, 
And make me white today.

Today Thy gate is open,
And all who enter in,
Shall find a Father's welcome, 
And pardon for their sin;
The past shall be forgotten,
A present joy be given,
A future grace be promised--
A glorious crown in heaven.

O all embracing mercy.
Thou ever open door,
What should I do without Thee,
When heart and eyes run o'er?
When all things seem against me,
To drive me to despair,
I know one gate is open,
One ear will hear my prayer.
                            ~Oswald Allen

No comments: