August 06, 2013

Whom the Lord Loveth He Correcteth

Whom the Lord loveth He correcteth

  See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with Me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. --I know the thoughts I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.--My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, saith the Lord.
  I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak comfortably unto her.--As a man chasteneth his son, so the LORD thy God chasteneth thee. --Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.--Humble yourselves therefore  under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.
  I know, O Lord, that Thy judgements are right, and that Thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.

HT: Daily Light on the Daily Path


No comments: