May 01, 2010

"Let them give thanks to the Lord for His lovingkindness, and for His wonders to the sons of men." Psalm 107:8

Last night a young man died from drowning in a pond with a campus crusade group.  My heart aches from this tragedy.  A life without God dying an abrupt death.  I keep thinking "Why did God allow this to happen, why didn't he spare his life and save him? Why did God allow this guy to die?".  These questions only show my small understanding of God.  When I was thinking about all of these "why didn't God do this or that" questions God asked me "Am I not just, do I not know what is best for the lives I have created?" How absurd it is of me to think that God should have done anything differently than what he did.  It is only by His wonderful mercy that I am here even now! There are many many times where all odds were against me and I should have died, but God in His lovingkindness spared me! God must execute justice or His mercies toward us would mean nothing.  God's ways are perfect.  We must believe this.  If we don't believe it, then all hope is lost and we have belittled God. "Blind unbelief is sure to err and scan His works in vain.  God is His own interpreter and He will make it plain" (God Moves in a Mysterious Way).  Though I don't know why God allow this young man to die, I know that God's reasons were just and holy.  One day I will know the reason, whether here on Earth or when I get to Heaven, but until then I need to trust that the Lord knows best!
"Let them give thanks to the Lord for His lovingkindness, and for His wonders to the sons of men." Psalm 107:8

For those of you who read this post I'm very sorry if it's a little scattered but I hope that God can use it to encourage you.

No comments: